Whoa Mama! Black Bean Burger
by Sarah C
- 1 hot mama pickle, sliced into chips
- onions, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed red peppers
- lettuce, as desired
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Peppadew Mustard Sauce
- 4 tbsp roasted tomato salsa
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 lb ground hamburger (VEGETARIAN OPTION: omit hamburger, use 1 box Morningstar Black Bean Burgers)
- 1/4 can black beans, lightly mashed (VEGETARIAN OPTION: omit black beans all together)
- 4 Ciabatta or Sandwich Rolls
garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute onions with crushed red peppers, black pepper and garlic salt in butter. Set aside.
- Mix hamburger with black beans, until well mixed.
- Divide mixture into 4, roll into balls and flatten to create patties.
- In a skillet with oil, grill until brown on both sides, flipping once only so that the patty is crispy on the outside.
- Slice bread in half and toast.
Spread both sides lightly with Peppadew mustard sauce.
- Once toasted, place the burger atop one half of the bun.
- Melt on 1 slice of pepper jack cheese per burger.
- Pile on lettuce, tomato, 1 tbsp salsa, 1/4 of the grilled onions mix, and finally, hot mama pickle chips on each burger.
- Top with 2nd half of bun.