Dill Pickle Potato Salad
Serves: 6-8 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb small red potatoes, quartered
- (8oz) pickle juice from four Van Holten’s Pickle Pops
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice from Van Holten’s Pickle Pops
- 1 teaspoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ cup bacon, crumbled
- Add quartered potatoes to a pot. Cover with water and pickle juice from four Van Holten’s Pickle Pops. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, pickle juice from Van Holten’s Pickle Pops, whole grain dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, chopped dill, and chopped chives.
- Once potatoes have cooled, toss in the dressing. Add chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced celery, and crumbled bacon. Transfer to the fridge until ready to serve.
Pro Tip: Serve with our Crispy Baked Dill Pickle Wings for extra pickle punch!
Serves: 2 people
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 package Twangs Pickle Salt
- 1 bottle Twangs Michelada Mix
- 2 tablespoon pickle juice from Van Holten’s Pickle Pops
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 (12 oz) beers
- Lime wedge for rimming glass
- Gherkins for garnish
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of two glasses then dip into a small plate of Twangs Pickle Salt.
- To a cocktail shaker, add Twangs Michelada Mix, pickle juice from Van Holten’s Pickle Pops, lime juice, and ice. Shake to combine.
- Fill prepared glasses with ice. Strain the cocktail into each glass then top off with beer. Garnish with a gherkin and enjoy!
Crispy Dill Pickle Wings
Serves: 4-6 people
Cooking Time: 3 hour 15 minutes
- 1 (16 oz) package of 8 Van Holten’s Pickle Pops
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken wings in a ziplock bag and top with liquid from Van Holten’s Pickle Pops. Transfer to the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Once wings are done marinating, remove from the fridge, strain from brine, and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil and a wire rack, then spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, dried dill, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Toss the wings in the cornstarch mixture then transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes to let the fat render, then increase the temperature to 425 and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through cooking to help the wings cook evenly.
- Let the wings cool, then serve with ranch and enjoy!
- Pro Tip: Let the wings marinate in the pickle juice for 24 hours to really let the pickle flavor really come through!